22 Ways to Celebrate Earth Day with Kids
In Honor of Earth Day, observed on April 22 each year, I have found you 22 ways to celebrate and learn about the powers of our wonderful planet.
- Celebrate and protect our natural environment by taking part in Earth Day. Join with community groups to explore environmental and ecological issues.
- Reuse plastic bottles to make a Firefly that really lights up!
- The world is in your hands painting craft.
- Earth day craft encourages the kids to write about how they can help.
- Recycle crayons and make Earth Day Crayons.
- Make bracelets from plastic bottles.
- Explore the life of plants by answering the question, Do Plants Breathe?
- Celebrate Arbor Day on April 30th with a Tree Scavenger Hunt.
- Try this new spin on leaf rubbing with Pounding Leaf Prints.
- Explore the trees in your neighborhood and Make a Neighborhood Tree Guide.
- Learn to draw the world with Young Rembrandts.
- Practice visual recall and learn about the world outside by making a DIY nature memory game.
- Learn about the value of having plants in our soil with this Plant Water Filtration Activity
- Recycle old papers and make something to plant in the yard with Homemade Seed Paper
- Discover a “green” way to cook with a Solar Oven.
- Make some fertilizer and recycle your food scraps at the same time by Starting a compost.
- Have a fun and simple snack with these Earth Day Rice Crispy Treats.
- Make everyday Earth day with these simple changes to your families habits.
- Bugs help the Earth clean herself. Upcycle your castoffs into this bug hotel.
- All you need are some leaves and construction paper to make Construction Paper Sun Prints
- Combine drawing and some plastic from your recycle bin into Shrinky Dinks.
- Even if it’s not quite time for planting outside in your area, start your sprouts indoors and watch them grow.
Do you have a special way that you like to celebrate Earth day? Let me know in the comments.