Fun and Earth Friendly April Activities
April is a month full of opportunities to explore the outdoors and new life all around us. There are so many opportunities to explore the science of nature in the spring. The whole world is coming back to life. The trees are budding, flowers are blooming, color is bursting out everywhere. I have compiled a list of wonderfully fun and educational activities for your visual learner to get some hands on knowledge of Spring and learn to appreciate our Earth.
Earth and Arbor Day activities
- Celebrate Arbor Day with a Tree Scavenger Hunt.
- Try this new spin on leaf rubbing with Pounding Leaf Prints.
- Explore the trees in your neighborhood and Make a Neighborhood Tree Guide.
- Practice visual recall and learn about the world outside by making a DIY nature memory game.
- Learn about the value of having plants in our soil with this Plant Water Filtration Activity
- Recycle old papers and make something to plant in the yard with Homemade Seed Paper
- Discover a “green” way to cook with a Solar Oven.
- Make some fertilizer and recycle your food scraps and Start a compost.
- Have a fun and simple snack with these Earth Day Rice Crispy Treats.
Spring Exploration Activities
- Learn about aerodynamics by building a Paper Helicopter.
- Learn about what our taxes do for us by watching the Tax Man Music video
- Invite some beautiful fluttering guest to your yard with a Butterfly Feeder.
- Use some old CDs and Make a Hovercraft to get a little STEM in your day.
- Explore the life of plants by answering the question, Do Plants Breathe?
- Explore the Scientific method with Egg Geodes.
- Experiment with different bubble mixtures and home made bubble wands with Bubble Science
- Work on fine motor skills by learning to draw a Little Lamb.
December 2, 2019 @ 5:32 am
Great blog! I so enjoy reading articles like these. Thanks a lot for sharing!