11 Creative and Educational Thanksgiving Activities
I have gathered a few great educational activities to keep the kids engaged over the long weekend. Thanksgiving is a great time to try some of these creative and fun activities. There is usually a lot of family around and usually lots of down time while waiting for the food to be ready.
- Practice the scientific method with this Indian Corn Experiment.
- Make Gratitude Rolls to show how grateful you are this season.
- Get moving after Thanksgiving dinner with a Gratitude Scavenger Hunt.
- This Hopping Corn Experiment is sure to have the kids amazed.
- Read about the story of Thanksgiving.
- Work on engineering skills while building Apple Structures.
- Erupt a Pumpkin-cano over and over with simple household ingredients.
- Make learning sight words and math facts fun with Pumpkin Games.
- Work on focus and attention to detail with this How to Draw a Turkey.
- Practice word families and Number Equivalency with these turkeys.
- Bake a pie and practice fractions while cutting it (why not bake a few?).