Insights From Children’s Art Expert Bette Fetter: Top Blog Posts for July 2013
- We began July with Young Rembrandts artwork celebrating the 4th of July.
- A Favorite Quote: “I’m an art nerd, genius, lover, pro advocate…” – Bette Fetter
- Keeping our kids engaged is important during summer break. In the article, Is your child at risk for summer slide? we discuss ideas to help your kids feel like school never ended.
- In the article, Learning Styles: Reading Directions, we discuss the way our brains are wired and has a direct affect on the way we operate.
- We added a few new videos to our series Teaching Kids to Draw Videos; the first was how to draw a robot.
- “Creativitiy is as important as literacy.” – Ken Robinson
- Today we all learned how to draw a mouse.
- Have you tried Klutz books with your kids? They are an easy way for kids to be creative.
- All summer long kids have been improving or learning drawing techniques and art skills with easy to follow video drawing tutorials. We released another great video how to draw an alien.
- We shared one of our favorite quotes by Daniel Pink: “Everyone regardless of profession must cultivate an artistic sensibility.”
- Being comfortable in the quiet needs to start in childhood. Here are 10 ways quiet activities for kids.
- Do you want to be more creative? Have the next million-dollar idea? Then it’s time to get creative… and quiet!!
- Our last video release for July was how to draw a scared monster.
- The quote “Do art…” – Bette Fetter is encouraged not only during the summer but all year long.
Founder and CEO of Young Rembrandts and Author of Being Visual