14 Creative Activities for October
The colors and dropping temperatures of fall make it a wonderful time to explore creative activities as a family. These 14 activities are sure to have your child feeling excited about the season. Gather the family together and try some of this year’s favorites.
- Get the kids excited about fall with Pumpkin Owls!
- Don’t forget to do something sweet for Sweetest Day October 18th!
- Try this fun, easy to follow How to Draw a Scary Monster video, perfect for the season!
- Leaf bingo scavenger hunt – Draw different leaves on a bingo sheet and go searching for them.
- Have some Halloween fun with this Toilet Paper Tube Halloween Characters!
- Rake and play in the leaves – don’t forget every kids favorite fall activity of playing in the leaves, it even encourages them to help rake!
- These crafty Mama and Baby Spiders are an easy must do fall craft.
- Pumpkin bowling – line up paper cups as your pins and bowl with a small pumpkin, make it extra fun by drawing faces on the pins and pumpkin!
- There is only one way to celebrate Pumpkin Cheesecake Day October 21st try this New York Style Pumpkin Cheesecake recipe!
- Pumpkin Faces Oranges– don’t peel them, draw a face on them and surprise your kids with this jack-o-lantern lunch box treat!
- Do you want to get your child to try new vegetables? Try this Veggie Skeleton!
- Mason jar ghosts – fill a small mason jar with white candy, draw a face on the outside and you have a cute ghostly party favor!
- Scissor Skill Pumpkins are a fun, family activity, good for all ages!
- Make ghost lollipops and hide them around the house. Simply take your favorite lollipop cover with tissue and loosely tie it on, draw a face on it and hide them for the kids to find.