Whether you live somewhere that gets cold and snowy or not, these ideas are great boredom busters for the shorter days and longer nights of winter. I really love the ice lanterns! They are beautiful and easy.
- Live where there is no snow? Make your own, 2 ingredients and soooo much fun!! Click here to learn how.
- January 19th is National Popcorn Day – make some popcorn garland for the animals to snack on!
- Make snow themed creations with playdough, igloos, snowmen, snowflakes….
- Try making an ice lantern!
- January 23rd is Handwriting Day – send a handwritten note to a loved one!
- Is it too cold to go outside? Have an indoor snowball fight using “soft snow balls.”
- Bring a touch of Young Rembrandts home with the free download activity sheets!
- How creative can you be with a cardboard box? Check out these ideas to keep the kids entertained during the long winter.
- January 29th is puzzle day – gather the family and put a puzzle together!
- Make your own hot cocoa bombs!
- Check if your town or a town near you has winter festivals. These often include ice sculptures, ice skating, crafts etc…
- Make this cute snowman cone!
- January 31st backwards day – there are so many things to do backwards but the most fun might be to start dinner with dessert!
- Take the fun outside with ice balloons!
- Let the kids be creative outside with glitter paint for the snow!
- Take a nature walk tracking down furry friends by finding their foot prints in the snow.
- January 31st Inspire your Heart with Art Day – the key to getting the most out of this day is to find something artful that inspires you!
- Bundle up, bring the hot cocoa and make a camp fire!
- Host and “Iced” tea party!
- Have some fun with science by experimenting with sticky ice.
Need more ideas to keep the kids busy this winter? Follow us on Pinterest!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. This post contains such affiliate links.