13 Things to Do this Labor Day
Labor day, which is the first Monday in September, signifies the end of summer for most of us. It’s the last hurrah before school starts and the weather starts to cool off. I have created a list of things that you can do instead of the traditional barbecue to celebrate a free day off from work. Why not try a couple?
- Go for a hike in the nearest national park.
- Create a homework station.
- This year Labor Day fall on National Skyscraper Day. Build your own skyscraper to celebrate.
- Go to the art museum.
- Visit the zoo.
- Create your own backyard “drive-in.”
- Learn to draw with Young Rembrandts.
- Attend a festival near you.
- Squeeze the last bit out of summer. Go to the beach.
- Put on a puppet show with these adorable juice box puppets.
- Plant flowers. Now is a good time to plant fall bulbs so you can have early spring blooms
- Go to the movies. There are a lot of great films in the theaters right now.
- Just relax. After all, it is an extra day off to celebrate all of your hard work.