12 Earth Day Projects We Love
Earth Day, April 22nd, is a great opportunity for teaching children about conserving resources and treating our planet with care. I have found some great activities to do with your children to get them thinking about our environment and how they can help make the world a better place.
- Create a play garden, what better way to learn about the Earth than to play in it.
- Collect some leaves and flowers and experiment with abstract sun prints.
- Build a mud kitchen to get the kids outside to enjoy their planet.
- Explore how the sun moves in the sky by drawing shadows.
- Kids love drawing on large spaces, make some eco sidewalk paint to start their juices flowing.
- Recycling sorting is a great way for kids to begin their conservation journey.
- Get outside and walk around the neighborhood on an Earth Day Scavenger Hunt.
- Using some green energy to host a solar cookout.
- Make the world more beautiful by hanging Earth stained glass in your trees.
- Celebrate Earth day with some healthy snacks.
- Reuse some resources and plant some flowers with some Earth seed paper.
- Insects are vital to the Earth’s conservation. Learn how to draw an ant.