Top Ten Math Apps for Young Children
Here are 10 GREAT Math Apps I found for your little ones to visually practice their math skills!
- Count Up To Ten: This app lets children discover numbers 1 to 10 and learn how to count using some of their favorite animals and characters.
- Number Rack: The Number Rack facilitates the natural development of children’s number sense. Rows of moveable, colored beads encourage learners to think in groups of fives and tens, helping them to explore and discover a variety of addition and subtraction strategies.
- Math is Fun: 4-5: Through 8 fun activities this app teaches kids to recognize numbers, to count, to order numbers, to play with weight, to determine order, and to handle shapes. It is an easy to use child-friendly design and free in the app store!
- Count, Sort and Match: Count, Sort and Match simplifies key math concepts for preschool kids up to age 6. The app helps kids to count to 20, spell numbers and sort by color, shape and size. The app provides clear direction and a lot of colorful graphics and characters to keep children engaged.
- Fiete Match: An adorable app based around a seafarers theme. A lighthouse provides the base for this app and the different activities are stored within it. You can choose an activity by tapping on the porthole. I adore that the memory game has the user playing against the lighthouse keeper. The illustrations are beautiful-I adore this application for the illustrations alone!
- Montessori Numbers: Another app based on the foundations of Montessori. This app is a delightful starting spot for introducing numbers, as well as for those moving into the hundreds. It uses tracing numbers, base ten, number stories, and one to one correspondence to help children learn. There are a number of difficulty levels going up to 999.
- My First Tangrams 2: With more than 1000 Tangrams to solve, this app allows kids to create their own tangrams or solve a tangram puzzle. A great way for children to work on their visual skills and problem solving while they just think they are having fun creating and playing.
- Cutie Monsters: Specifically designed for the development needs of toddlers and preschoolers, simple jigsaw puzzles along with an interactive counting book will help children who are learning to count. Touch to count Cutie Monsters, jigsaw puzzles and large simple interactive text allow young children to develop their fine motor, listening and early reading skills.
- The Math Tree: Add and subtract bluebirds, doves, plums, peaches and more in this captivating introduction to addition, subtraction, and numerical equations. The hands-on, count-as-you go approach is a natural extension of early counting skills, presented with powerful simplicity. Incredibly cute graphics and melodious sounds make this app a genuine pleasure for parents and kids alike.
- Tally Tots: The interactive counting game that turns numbers into action, and learning into a whole lot of fun. Whether your little learners are watching five plants or racing two cars around the track, they’ll quickly learn how to count from one to twenty, with plenty of fun and laughter to keep you both entertained.
Founder and CEO of Young Rembrandts and Author of Being Visual
Math Games for Kids | Visual Math | Bette Fetter
August 20, 2019 @ 9:53 am
[…] a look at some of my previous app lists, 10 Great Visual Math Apps, Top 10 Math Apps for Young Children and 12 Best iPad Apps for Children for some more […]