I am so excited to be speaking at the Wisconsin Afterschool Association’s Annual conference this weekend. I will be doing three sessions related to the importance of afterschool programming and how we can use it to give creative outlets to our right-brain thinkers as well as expand the skill sets of left-brain thinkers in order to boost academic performance for all students.
art education speaker
This March will mark our 26th year of operating Young Rembrandts drawing classes. And while some things get better with age – other things need refreshing and updating over the years. Technology and marketing are two of the things that need regular refreshing and updating. A few years ago we invested in a new website for Young Rembrandts classes that included the most up to date online enrollment technology – all for the convenience of our parents. Today I’m excited to announce the release of a second new website dedicated to Young Rembrandts franchise sales; www.youngrembrandtsfranchise.com
While preparing for a speaking engagement about the nuances of left and right-brain thinking, I spoke with a friend of mine who is a software engineer. He identifys himself as a right-brain, visual-spatial thinker. He is also a musician — an excellent guitar player — so I asked how he thought that impacted his abilities as an engineer?
The fun of vacation and summer adventures are winding down and kids are back in school. This is good news in many ways – but this can also be a source of great frustration for our visual, kinesthetic students. Sitting still and listening can be hard, especially for kids that need to see, touch and […]
- We began July with Young Rembrandts artwork celebrating the 4th of July.
- A Favorite Quote: “I’m an art nerd, genius, lover, pro advocate…” – Bette Fetter
- Keeping our kids engaged is important during summer break. In the article, Is your child at risk for summer slide? we discuss ideas to help your kids feel like school never ended.
- Have you run out to the store and bought your child new pencils and a drawing pad for these fun “How to Draw” videos yet? We kicked off May with a new video in our Teaching Kids How to Draw Video series with learning to draw a puppy.
- I was inspired after watching the Camden Sophisticated Sisters Drill Team on Dancing with the Stars. A powerful example of the impact the arts has made on the lives of kids.
- I welcomed the springtime weather with 13 Spring Creative Activities for Kids.
- Diagnosing ADD or ADHD is highly subjective and comes with a multitude of negative connotations. But what if it’s not a negative? What if your child is a visual learner….ADD and ADHD: Has Your Child Been Labeled.
Tonight I am honored to be the special guest at “Mother’s and More”. Join me as I will be speaking on “The Value of Arts on Early Learning Development for Children.”
Crystal Lake Chamber of Commerce
427 W Virginia St Crystal Lake, IL 60014
If you are available this evening please join us!!
Three lucky moms will go home with a copy of the book “Being Visual“!