It’s September… summer is coming to an end (sad) but the beautiful sights and smells of fall are quickly approaching. I have gathered seasonal activities for you to enjoy with your family. Have fun welcoming in the fall season!
- Bedtime can be a challenge with young children! If they can visually see what is expected of them each night it can help keep them focused and prepared for what they need to do. Print this chart so they know what to expect: Boys and/or Girls.
- September is Library Card Sign-up Month – a time when the American Library Association and libraries across the country remind parents that a library card is the most important school supply of all.
- Everyone can do something grand for Grandparents Day. Check out the information on this website and then commit to Do Something Grand!
- How about trying an apple inspired after school snack that the kids
will love to help make! They are so cute and fun to make, and they are just as fun to eat Rice Krispy Apple Treats!
- September 8th: International Literacy Day –The aim of International Literacy Day is to focus attention on the need to promote worldwide literacy. Take the time to read an extra story with your kids today!
- September 9th: Teddy Bear Day is the perfect day to celebrate our most loyal childhood companions! Invite your little one and their favorite bear to a family picnic.
- What kid doesn’t love play dough, here is a pumpkin spice play dough recipe for the fall senses! This recipe includes ideas to incorporate the outdoors with play dough play time, what a great idea!
- September 15th: National Hispanic Heritage Month begins, celebrate the histories, cultures and contributions of American citizens whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean and Central and South America.Teach your child about all the different Hispanic countries with these Flags of Latin America Coloring Pages!
- You don’t have to wait for Thanksgiving to show gratitude September 21st is World Gratitude Day. Here are some great ideas for kids of all ages to express their gratitude today!
- If you have carved your pumpkins don’t throw the seeds away! This recipe is so festive you may want to buy more pumpkin seeds just so you can make more: pumpkin seed recipe.
- As tough as it can be to say good-bye to summer, fall is here, September 22 is the first day of Autumn. Take the kids for a walk around the neighborhood and spot the many signs of fall.
- Stay organized this school year, try using a color coded calendar system to keep everyone’s busy schedule on track!
- After you go apple picking or you found a great deal at the store on apples you can get creative with them, try this fun Apple Monster Face that your kids can decorate!
- Better Breakfast Month- Get the whole family involved in preparing a better breakfast together during Better Breakfast Month.
- It’s fall but how do you know when it is the right time to pick apples? Use this guide to find out the best time in your area then take the kids to pick apples, an activity the whole family can enjoy!