23 Activities for Your Visual Learner this May
May is a month full of reasons to celebrate! Spring is in full bloom. School is almost out for the summer. And, we honor our fallen soldiers at the end of the month. We have gathered a bunch of great activities for each of these occasions that you must try.
Countdown to Summer Vacation
- The kids will love this balloon pop activity.
- Make a paper chain with fun activities on each link.
- Reuse toilet paper rolls to countdown.
- Make every day special with an ABC countdown.
- Create a drawing a day until school is out.
Spring has Sprung!
- Make a Weather vane to study wind patterns.
- Host a Sidewalk Art Show to show off your little ones’ creativity.
- Make a bird feeder to attract the feathered friends from the neighborhood.
- Practice mindfulness with a listening scavenger hunt.
- Experiment with plants and hypothesize where they grow best.
- Use food coloring and sugar water to make colored ants.
- Get outside and make a bottle rocket.
- Use household items to create a tornado.
- Take the kids to a parade.
- Create a patriotic agamograph with the kids.
- Try some poppy painting with balloons. Poppies are traditional for Remembrance Day, the Canadian version of Memorial Day.
- Visit a war memorial near you.
- Try this How to Draw a Star video!
- Honor the National Moment of Remembrance. At 3 p.m. on Memorial Day, every American is asked to pause for just one minute to honor the fallen.
- Draw a soldier with this How to Draw video.
- Make a Salt Firework Craft.
- This Tin Can Luminary is a must try!!
- Share a photo of your beloved fallen soldier/airman/etc. on Facebook or Instagram. It’s a day about remembering after all, so share his (or her) story!