17 Sweet Family Activities for February
For such a short month February sure packs in a lot of fun holidays. Gather the family together to ring in the lunar new year or create your own Mardi Gras celebration. There are so many options!
- February is Black History Month. Read some great biographies about influential black people.
- Your little one will love experimenting with cause and effect with conversation heart science.
- Show off drawing skills with this easy to follow How to Draw a Heart video (great for anyone to do!)
- February is Dental Health Month: Help your kids learn about what foods are good and bad for your teeth with this printable activity sheet.
- Do you need a fun indoor activity? Try these free downloadable activity sheets!
- Presidents Day is February 19th make a log cabin out of popsicle sticks while you share some American History with your child.
- Chinese New Year is February 16th: make a Chinese New Year drum.
- This is another great craft to celebrate Chinese New Year: Chinese Lantern.
- Make the most of a family night in with board games! Pull out some of the favorites: Candy Land, Life or Uno…
- This is a perfect Valentine to let your child be creative: eco heart valentines.
- Thumb print heart bookmark is a gift that your loved one can use all year round!
- Most schools are at or around the 100 days mark. Get some extra sight word practice with these lists: Kindergarten and First Grade.
- Use up those broken crayons to create this colorful mask it’s sure to get kids ready to celebrate: Mardi Gras on February 13th!
- Make a paper plate crown for Mardi Gras!
- Get the family involved and write your own bed time story, let the kids help illustrate it!
- What child doesn’t love slime? Try this borax free slime recipe!
- Download some coloring sheets and make some quick valentines!