Family Fun: 12 October Activities for Your Kids
“There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October.” – Nathaniel Hawthorne
October is a fun time of year to engage with nature and the changing season. I have 12 activities that are fun for kids:
- Hand print spiders
- Craft Stick Puzzles – A fun spin on puzzles!
- Fall Bucket List Punch Card – All of the usual suspects are on the list…making caramel apples, going to the pumpkin patch, roasting pumpkin seeds, etc. All popular fall activities but list form makes it much more official.
- Make a Scarecrow – Create your own scarecrow with your family and display him on your front porch
- Healthy Halloween Snacks – Make Banana Ghosts but just pressing in 3 chocolate chips, and make pumpkins with clementine’s and celery.
- Create your own Halloween Treat Bag – Forget the pillow case and plastic bags! Create your own unique candy bag for Trick-or-Treating!
- Carve Pumpkins – Carve a spooky or smiling pumpkin to light up at night or paint and decorate to resemble a favorite character!
- Apple Picking
- Jump in a pile of leaves
- Make Homemade Applesauce – All you need is apples, cinnamon, sugar, and nutmeg to enjoy this tasty fall snack!
- Visit your local pumpkin farm – Hay rides, pumpkin picking, cider and donuts, and more can all be enjoyed at your local pumpkin farm.
- Enjoy a game of Pumpkin Bowling – In the classroom or at home, your kids will love this fun fall activity.
Founder and CEO of Young Rembrandts and Author of Being Visual