10 Great Visual Math Apps
Here are 10 GREAT Math Apps I found for your elementary kids to visually practice their math skills!
- DragonBox Algebra 5+ is an innovative educational app that through gameplay teaches kids concepts relating to solving algebraic equations. As the title indicates, it is best for children 5 and older.
- Number Rack facilitates the natural development of children’s number sense. Rows of moveable, colored beads encourage learners to think in groups of fives and tens, helping them to explore and discover a variety of addition and subtraction strategies. Best for ages 4 and up.
- Slice Fractions is an app designed to help kids learn about fractions. The game takes a unique approach that helps kids visualize parts of a whole, or equal shares, promoting a conceptual understanding of fractions. Bets for ages 8 and up.
- IXL Math Practice is a comprehensive tool that helps kids practice math skills ranging from pre-K through Algebra 1. Kids can choose a topic within their grade levels and answer questions that are scored and timed.
- Math Workout is an educational app that makes daily math skills practice easy and fun. Kids can practice addition and subtraction, multiplication and division, work on speed or fluency, and take advanced challenges. The app includes times table practice. Best for ages 7 and up.
- Montessori Numbers is a delightful starting spot for introducing numbers, as well as for those moving into the hundreds. It uses tracing numbers, base ten, number stories, and one to one correspondence to help children learn. There are a number of difficulty levels going up to 999.
- My First Tangrams 2 allows kids to create their own angrams or solve a tangram puzzle with over 1000 tangrams to solve. A great way for children to work on their visual skills and problem solving while they just think they are having fun creating and playing. Best for ages 6-8.
- Bugs and Buttons is a collection of 18 educational and entertaining games with buttons and (very realistic!) bugs. The games involve racing, counting, sorting, finding patterns, a slingshot, tic-tac-toe, connecting dots, navigating a maze, steering, matching, and completing letter sequences. The difficulty range within each game and across the games means the app can be played and enjoyed by 4-8 year olds.
- The Math Tree teaches children to add and subtract bluebirds, doves, plums, peaches and more in this captivating introduction to addition, subtraction, and numerical equations. The hands-on, count-as-you go approach is a natural extension of early counting skills, presented with powerful simplicity. Incredibly cute graphics and melodious sounds make this app a genuine pleasure for parents and kids alike. Best for ages 4-7.
- Marble Math makes practicing math fun for kids. While it may not seem like they’re working on math as they move a marble through various mazes, kids are practicing a multitude of math and critical thinking skills in order to answer the given challenges. Customization options allow multiple kids to save their scores and settings. Designed for ages 9-12.
I have a few more tips and tricks for teaching your visual learner math.
Math Games for Kids | Visual Math | Bette Fetter
August 20, 2019 @ 9:53 am
[…] a look at some of my previous app lists, 10 Great Visual Math Apps, Top 10 Math Apps for Young Children and 12 Best iPad Apps for Children for some more […]