To stop brain drain, kids need to keep writing all through the summer. They need to practice their handwriting and creative writing skills. The key is to keep it fun and light.
Frequent practice keeps handwriting from slipping into illegibility. Summer is also a great time for extra handwriting practice so their handwriting gets better. Better handwriting gives kids unconscious competency so they can concentrate on what they’re writing instead of how to write it.
• Encourage daily journaling.
• Use our well-designed handwriting paper.
• Practice handwriting with 7 Days to Better Handwriting.
Creative writing shares many of the same benefits for children as visual arts. It is a wonderful way for your child to use their creative mind and use their imagination. Just a few sentences a day about a topic that interests your child is all it takes.
• Use story starters.
• Kids can write in a special journal or
use our story paper for drawing and writing.
• Try the Read, Draw, Write activity.