Father’s Day is a great time to do some experimenting with dad. Dads just seem to have that way of jumping right in and letting the open-ended learning develop. There is nothing like spending some quality time exploring and testing out some math and science theories with him. Shh, don’t tell him that you are learning while you’re playing.
Here are some fun STEAM ideas to do with dad:
- Integrate math and science by customizing a Marshmallow shooter for everyone in the family then measuring whose shoots furthest.
- Get innovating with these Lego gifts.
- Have an at home science experiment with Homemade Flubber.
- This family friendly activity can bring everyone’s creativity to life: Build a Fort.
- Make dinner as a family, kids love to get in the kitchen with recipes like this French Bread Pizza.
- Find a local park that you haven’t been to and go hiking, collect some leaves and do some leaf rubbings when you get home.
- Draw outside with Squirt Bottle Sidewalk Chalk.
- Personalize Stepping Stones with kids hands and let them add their own touch, by writing their name or adding some rocks or flowers.
- Let the kids have some fun posing for these Homemade Bookmarks (with tassels!).
- Draw with dad or for dad with some help from this How to Draw a Cartoon Dad video.
- Enjoy some time looking through old pictures and create these Letter Blocks for Dad.
- Work on grammar with these fun Dad Libs
Are you looking for a great gift for dad?
Here are 5 wall art ideas that can be enjoyed every day and for many years to come:
These personalized keychains are sure to please:
Make a Father’s Day card this year with these creative ideas: