Art has special significance to visual-spatial learners, not because they will grow up to be professional artists, but because it is a visual, tactile medium that meets children in their learning need. Young Rembrandts brings even more value to the visual tactile learner, by intentionally using art to develop learning skills that are essential to all young children.
Young Rembrandts uses a unique curriculum that engages both sides of the brain so all children can participate and learn successfully. Using left and right brain strategies while teaching also helps growing children develop both sides of their brain, at a critical time in their development, resulting in whole brain learning.
With Young Rembrandts, children gain the following skills:
- Fine motor skills (handwriting)
- Attention to detail and focus
- Process, order and completion
- Visual discrimination
- Time on task
- Visual-spatial organization skills
- Expanded image vocabulary
- Persistence and follow through
- Patience, discipline and manners
- Increased self esteem and confidence
Enroll your budding artist in a Young Rembrandts drawing class today and get some Christmas coloring pages for FREE.