Going back to school is such an exciting time. Like it or not, it symbolizes the end of summer and serves as a reminder that the kids are getting older and growing up.
The key to success for everyone is organization and planning. Whether it is where to do homework, how to mark the occasion or what to send for lunch, I have found some great ideas for making the transition back to school just a little easier for both you and the kids. Here are my favorite ideas…
1. Having a designated space to complete homework and reading can make a world of difference for right brain thinkers. This homework space is especially great because it gives your child a place to calm her mind so that she can concentrate on the task at hand without outside distractions.
2. The supplies that your child will need for her homework will be right at hand with this easy and adorable homework caddy. Whether your house has space for a designated homework area or you just need to use the kitchen table, it can go anywhere you need it to and it has everything that your child will need to complete her assignments.
3. When the kids have to bring a lunch to school everyday for the whole year, sandwiches can get boring. Why not change it up a bit with these creative and colorful, non-sandwich ideas? The kids will love helping make their own lunches.
4. The day has arrived. It’s the first day of school. Take a fun back to school photo. Ask them questions about their life right now. Don’t worry if your child has been back in school for a couple weeks already. Years from now when you look at these it won’t matter that the date wasn’t exactly the first day. it will be fun to look back on how much has changed years from now.
5. Just like the fun back to school photo, creating a time capsule with a few reminders of your child as she is right now and saving it for the end of the school year or a date years from now is a great way to keep track of how much changes from year to year.